Woodrow Mercer have an exciting opportunity for you to join a successful team and growing biotech organisation based in the Midlands that create innovative breakthrough treatments for medical conditions.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Finance, to focus on the development of regional site operations as it relates to finance, accounting and internal controls.
Success in the role will enable the business to further invest in new treatments in other territories as business cases are approved. This is a critical role and will act as a key business partner to the UK Director of Finance and Global Finance Director.
Scope of the role:
- Be accountable for accurate regional financial forecasting and reporting
- Assist in the development of new business cases for expansion into new markets
- Ensure the application of Group policies and procedures are followed
- Coordinate and partner with the wider finance team and other departments on the oversight of outsourced service providers
- Identify and resolve complex issues
- Foster a culture of continuous process improvement, including working on initiatives across the wider business
- Financial Professional Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical, Life Science or Biotech organisation is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong Excel and forecasting skills are essential