This brand new role has just arisen, with a fast growing, forward thinking business services company based in Leeds City Centre (they have on site parking and are close to the train station). The role is a hands on Assistant Accountant, working directly alongside the Financial Controller.
This position would be ideal for someone who is AAT Qualified, or qualified by experience, and is keen to take on a varied, end to end, all round Assistant Accountant role that within a smaller business, that will be responsible for both transactional and month end, management accounts duties.
Key duties of this role will include:
- To prepare/review monthly management accounts within the reporting deadline.
- Manage requests and ad hoc reporting
- To complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Posting sales invoices to Sage
- Credit Control duties
- Daily office management duties
- Update cashbook
- Bank reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Staff expenses and supplier payments
- To complete debtors reviews and reporting.
- To assist with Annual Statutory Audits.
- Cashflow monitoring and control.
- To understand commercial and performance aspects of the contracts.
- To review and implement process improvements for the finance function
The successful candidate will:
- Be AAT qualified or qualified by experience - Desirable
- Have previous experience in an all round accounts assistant role - Essential
- Have previous experience of assisting with management accounts - Essential
- Have previous experience of Sage Line 50 - Desirable
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to build good client relationships - Essential
The business can offer
- Close to the train station - City Centre Location
- Free on site parking
- Plush offices
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell 3 days
- Continuous training and development in finance
- Fantastic career progression opportunity