Woodrow Mercer are currently working with a growing manufacturing business in Nottingham to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Director in all finance and Administration responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be AAT level 3 or higher with significant experience in a Finance team, proficient with Sage accounting software and experienced in preparing accounts up to Trial Balance Stage. This will be a diverse and varied role requiring a self-motivated individual who is able to positively contribute to the overall growth of the company. This is a full time, permanent role. You will be a key part of a small and highly effective finance team, reporting in to the Finance Director.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Providing Financial Admin support to other departments
- Management of payroll, P11d, pension arrangements, insurances and employee benefits using third-party providers
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Level 3 or higher AAT qualified/degree with 3+ years' experience in Finance
- Experience with Sage 200 is highly desirable
- Good Microsoft Excel user - vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative to meet deadlines
The business can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.
You may also be interested in this vacancy if you are looking at Finance Assistant or Accounts Assistant roles.