As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, you will be joining a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 420 colleagues, their people and their culture are at the heart of what they do. They recognise the unique impact otheir employees have on not only their clients, but also their colleagues and the communities in which they operate in. Their success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
Their team of professionals rapidly become trusted advisers for anything to do with the business, providing stability and growth; and they are now looking for an Accounting Senior to join the team within their Glasgow Office.
The main elements of this role will include:
- Completing draft financial statements for a mixture of basic / large / complex sole traders, partnerships and companies ready for review by an Accounting Supervisor / Manager.
- Adjusting the draft financial statements and business tax computations after the client meeting in accordance with the meeting notes.
- Ensuring personal tax returns are updated by our tax team after the client meeting.
- Preparing VAT returns, book keeping, and management accounts for clients (including limited companies, sole traders and partnerships).
- Managing your own workload and communicating with Accounting Supervisor / Manager to ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Liaising with clients using a variety of methods to facilitate the production of financial statements, business tax computations and obtaining personal tax information.
- Assisting the Accounting Service-line with business development activities as and when required and ensuring our high expectation of customer service is met.
In order to fulfil the role, they expect a candidate to have:
- Successfully completed the AAT qualification (or be near to finalising the qualification).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Worked within an Accountancy practice previously and have sufficient and relevant experience in preparing accounts for clients.
- Some knowledge of Xero (although not essential as full training will be provided).
- Experience in prioritising your workload and be able to complete work within the budgeted time and to the required deadlines.
If the above sounds like a good fit please don't hesitate to apply!