Woodrow Mercer are currently working with a privately-owned manufacturing and retail business in North Derbyshire to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a temporary basis.
We are looking for a part-qualified accountant (AAT level 2 or above/graduate with 2+ years' experience) with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel. This will be a diverse and varied role covering a wide remit of the Finance function and is a great opportunity for someone looking for development with an established and growing business.
This is a full time, 6-month interim role with the potential for a permanent position upon successful completion. You will be a key part of a small and highly effective finance team, reporting in to the Financial Controller. The office is easily commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Alfreton, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Supporting the management accountant with month end preparation, including preparing various month end reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank transaction processing
- Daily bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Purchase ledger processing
- Sales ledger processing
- Petty Cash & Expenses processing
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Late stage studying or qualified AAT
- Experience of working in a commercial finance team
- Experience of working in a business with multiple sales channels and departments
- Experience of working with multiple currencies
- Analytical mind, good attention to detail, used to working to tight deadlines
- Excellent System and Excel skills.
The business can offer:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Free car parking
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.
You may also be interested in this vacancy if you are looking at Assistant Accountant or Finance Assistant roles, on either temporary, interim or contract basis.