Woodrow Mercer are currently working with a utilities business in North Nottinghamshire to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their established business.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel to work as part of the Finance Team. This will be a diverse and varied role covering a wide remit of the Finance function and is a great opportunity for someone looking for development with a well-established and growing business.
This is a full time, permanent role. You will be a key part of a small and highly effective finance team, reporting in to the Finance Manager. The office is easily commutable from Nottingham, North Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and North Leicestershire.
Key duties of this role will include:
- credit control
- cash handling
- processing debit / credit card transactions
- reconciling of petty cash transactions
- reconciling of supplier invoices to statement
- posting of sales invoices
- processing rebate claims
- preparation and input of stock sheets
- payroll functions
- preparation of pension spreadsheets
The successful candidate will have/be:
- AAT studying/qualified or graduate with 2+ years' experience in Finance function.
- Previous experience of an accounts role in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, and accounting software programmes.
- A confident communicator and team player.
The business can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Flexible benefits scheme such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work, discounts at retailers, etc.
If you're interested, or know someone who would be, please apply or email me with a copy of your most up to date CV, your current availability and salary expectations.
You may also be interested in this vacancy if you are looking at Finance Assistant or Assistant Accountant roles.